Monday, November 12, 2007

Veteran's Day


I want to write about Veteran's Day (yes, I know the actual day was yesterday), but I am at a loss at where to start. My family has several veterans, men who fought in WWI, WWII, and the Korean War. My dad, uncle, grandfather, several great-uncles, all participated in real ways in the wars of their day. And my grandmother participated too, as a nurse. All of that is in the past, ending with the last generation. The current generation seems to have missed out on participating in serving our country.

I thought I would write something with historical significance, about my family's contributions, but it turns out I don't know that many details. Then I thought I might write about the current state of affairs with the war our country is fighting now. But that has been going on since my son was a year old, I have trouble maintaining a stance....

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy


Thank you to all our veterans and men and women who have served or are currently serving in the armed forces.

No comments: