Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bridesmaid dresses: Potential fashion disasters!


I love Daily Candy, the weekday update of everything that is interesting and new. My husband even knows about it!

In any case, this week has been all about wedding stuff, which I would normally ignore, as we are approaching our 10th(!) wedding anniversary. However, something caught my eye this morning:


DRESS
The Maids

What: TwoBirds dresses come in one size (fits 0-16) and can be worn ten different ways to flatter all figures, so you’ll have pretty maids all in a row.
Why: Kill two (or ten) birds with one stone.
Where: Online at twobirdsbridesmaid.com

Oh my goodness, this might be the best thing since sliced bread. One dress, one size that would work for any of my bridesmaids? Looking back on my wedding, there are many things that I loved, but some I would change, and bridesmaid's dresses would be one of them. Naturally, to reinforce this feeling I have a picture hanging in the hallway of the all the wedding guests, so I am constantly reminded about that mistake! I let one bridesmaid talk me into dresses for the other 3, and frankly, I don't think that was the best idea. Then, the bridesmaid that talked me into the dress decided that she was not going to wear the dress, somewhat at the last minute! Great. In any case, I digress. The point of this post is to highlight TwoBirds, and their dress concept which is great. One of my bridesmaids could have worn the Caroline style and another the Marissa and all would have been happy. And since you can wrap any number of different ways, it would probably have been a dress they could wear again and again. Not like the crappy one I ended up with. Bitter? No. I will get over it. Maybe in 10 years.

No comments: