Friday, November 2, 2007

Can you hear me now?

Heard this morning at 1:45 a.m.

"Did you check the price of blah blah blah?" "Yeah, $13.50"

and then

"What about blah blah blah?"

Him: Humm, that sounds like people talking outside the house, I won't bother to get up and investigate, I am sure it will all go away soon.

Me: D&#m walkie talkies. The kids were using them this this afternoon. Who the heck is using our frequency? Better get up and take care of it, since the walkie talkies are in The Big Guy's room and it will probably wake the kids.

So, I get myself out of bed, walk down the hall, find the walkie talkies, turn off the walkie talkies and walk back to bed. Then I spend another 30 minutes awake, wondering how it is possible that he could not have known it was the walkie talkies.....

1 comment:

Zee said...

Hi! I came over from NaBloPoMo. I'm challenging myself to comment on as many blogs as possible this month.

I worked for Target for a number of years. We used Walkies every day, all day long. At one point, there was construction going on about a block from work... they used the same frequency we used. You've heard construction workers talking before, right? Yeah. Eff this and effing that coming over our walkies in the middle of a crowded store. At first, we thought it was a prankster - either employee or someone who found a Walkie in an aisle or something. But no. Oh, the good times until we could get everyone in our store to change to a different frequency.

Happy Posting!