Saturday, November 17, 2007

New time sink


For research purposes, I joined Facebook (yeah, right), claiming that I needed to know what FB was about to help with my new job, mostly focused around new media marketing. So, I joined, and I have been building up my network. I found lots of friends from different parts of my lives. Then I started a group to find high school classmates for my upcoming reunion. Then I found a friend who is thinking about new applications. Then I added Scrabulous, and nothing has been the same since.

My first game with May-Ling lasted a week (possibly more). It was great, even though she kicked my a$$. Then I invited Dena to play; that game is still going. I would login eagerly first thing in the morning and before I went to bed, just to see if it was my turn. I talked about it to all the people I knew, thinking that it somehow gave me status - "I am playing Scrabulous on Facebook, aren't I hip?!". When my game with May-Ling ended, I needed another person to play with, so I put out an open invite to my network. I now have three games going, but the passion is fading. I don't have the energy to keep up that kind of enthusiasm for an online game for that long - the rest of my life starts to interfere. But I still like to say I am playing Scrabulous on Facebook ;-)

Are you playing Scrabulous? Looking for a new opponent? Find me on FB and let's play!

No comments: