Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summer to-do list

Besides it being beyond hot this last week, I also realized that summer vacation is short and I had better put together my to-do list before things get away from me. Here for your reading pleasure and amusement is what I hope to get done this summer:

1. Replace the fence on the side yard (no, not myself, silly, hire someone!)
2. Paint master bedroom and bathroom (hold-over from last summer)
3. Create a piece of garden art using the left-over copper pipe behind the garage
4. Get the fountain in the front yard working
5. Work on the kid's photo albums
6. Frame our new vintage poster (again, not myself!)
7. Get the paperwork in to start a donor-advised fund
8. Launch Green Committee for our elementary school
9. Finish quilting quilt and bind off

Humm, not sure there is the right mix of fun and creativity in there, but it is a start. Also, I need to throw in a couple good books too, any suggestions?

2 comments:

MLL said...

If you have a lot of time, I'm currently reading (listening on CD) to Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet. It's monstrously long, but very good......I have been listening for over a month and these characters seem like such a part of my life I don't know what I'm going to do when its over!

Marcia

Gudrun said...

oh, wow. I just read a prologue to the book on line, and it does seem like it would be a great summer read. Thanks for the suggestion, I will have to see if I can find it at the library....

Cheers!