Sunday, November 25, 2007

Going Green this Christmas

After writing my post earlier this month about keeping the lead out of our holidays, I got to thinking about having an overall greener Christmas season. In addition to buying less, wrapping in reusable packaging, and recycling the heck out of everything, I thought it might be good to try to cut back on my energy. The only problem with that is that I am addicted to pretty lights on the outside of the house. So, I seek a replacement.

PG&E provides a nice page of information about the cost benefits of replacing lights. Looks like I can save about 90% a year by replacing my bulbs. Now, I just need to find them - Target had a very meager selection this morning and their website does not list any tonight. I found a place in Kentucky, but they seem to sell their lights by the gross. I continue my search, hopefully I can find something before December 25th!

Photo courtesy of Energy Ideas.

No comments: