Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Must post, so tired...


Another long day today, the last of our mini vacation. We woke up in Carlsbad after staying the night at the West Inn & Suites, a hotel I would highly recommend. From the moment we checked in, we were treated like their most important guests. The staff at the front desk were helpful and friendly, the free shuttle to Legoland was convenient, and even the restaurant next door was great. DH and I really felt as though this company understands customer service and they hire employees who get it too. Our stay was excellent and we will recommend this hotel to anyone who will listen!

We apparently over did our day yesterday at Legoland, as Little A went to bed last night with a high fever and no interest in dinner. We thought today might be a recovery day, with she and I staying in the hotel while DH and The Big Guy went back to Legoland. But, at 7:30am this morning, Little A pops out of bed and announces "Mommy, I feel better, I can go to Legoland!". Needless to say, this surprised and amazed us, the speed with which children heal and recover is always astonishing. We headed off to Legoland for a couple hours and then hit the road for home.

On the drive home tonight, we brainstormed many things I could blog about tonight, but none are coming immediately to mind, so I leave you with this picture we snapped on the way down (with my cell phone) of a dog on the back of a truck - what you cannot see is the way that the dog was moving around, up and down and barking at cars. I thought it was illegal to transport your dog that way in California, but I might be wrong....

No comments: