Saturday, February 9, 2008

Kidget Review: Peanut Butter Mixer

Today I received the Grandpa Witmer's Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Mixer, which I ordered after seeing it in a magazine. We eat natural peanut butter (well, sun butter and peanut butter) at home, which tends to separate, which drives me nuts, especially when I try to stir it and it comes out the top and the oil gets everywhere. This tool seems to combat that problem.

You screw the supplied top on your jar of peanut butter and insert the mixer tip. Then you crank around until your peanut butter is all mixed up. Remove the lid and mixer and put the original lid back on; now you are good to go.

It was not clear when I ordered, but there are different sizes: #100 Crank Mixer for 16oz jar with 77mm lid, #200 Twist Knob Mixer for 16oz jar with 77mm lid, #300 Crank Mixer for 16 oz jar with 70mm lid, #400 Crank Mixer for 26oz jar with 83mm lid, #500 Twist Knob Mixer for 26oz jar with 83mm lid, and #600 Twist Knob Mixer for 36oz jar with 99mm lid. I probably should have ordered the #300, but the #100 works, without completely attaching to my peanut butter jar.

In any case, I would recommend this tool for anyone looking to make the process of mixing natural peanut butters!

Kidget = Kitchen Gadget

No comments: