Monday, June 2, 2008

Presenting Mr and Mrs GirdlePants

The Big Guy loves reading Captain Underpants and yesterday, with the help of the Fourth Epic Novel, Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants, we all discovered our silly names. From here forward, our family shall be known as:

Fluffy and Falafel Girdlepants, with their children Doofus and Stinky and dog Wafflechunks.

Now, I know their is controversy about Captain Underpants (read some of the stuff here and here). I know the language in the book is less than perfect, I also know the spelling is atrocious. However, The Big Guy loves these books. They engage him. He comes home from school, grabs a snack and reads for 30 minutes, all without me having to ask. He knows they are silly, we laughed about it all weekend on our long car trip.

Thanks to Dav Pilkey for putting together such a fun series of books! With your help, I think we have encouraged The Big Guy to be a reader for life.....

No comments: