Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Photo tips for Flickr


I love using Flickr - I mostly use it to make photos ready for my blogs. My food blog, Kitchen Gadget Girl, uses lots of photos, so this morning, I ran out of room on my free Flickr account. Fortunately, I remembered how to make my photos smaller by exporting them out of iPhoto. Once I did that, I was able to upload everything I needed. Here is what I did:

1. In iPhoto, select the photos I want to upload (I do this by putting 3 stars next to the ones I like)
2. Click on File -> Export
3. Select File Export, then Scale Images. I used 1024 for the width, and it automatically figured out the height. I keep the filename, but I created a new folder on my desktop to store all the smaller photos in. Click on Export.
4. Open up Flickr Uploadr, drag and drop the now-small photos into the window, click Upload.

And there you have it. The picture above is Little A helping me can tomatoes yesterday!

No comments: